Glossary Journey

Aft

Anomalies

Contemporary

Deterrent

Hokum

Memorabilia

Misanthrope

Ordain

Perilous

Prodigious

Sensationalist

Superfluous

Theologians

Vice

Zany

While working on this glossary throughout the course I noticed there was a lot of words I felt I knew the definition to. In reality if I was to be tested on those words I would’ve probably failed. Some of these words that are listed I had that feeling of maybe knowing  what it meant. The other words I just didn’t know What they meant or it was my first time encountering the word. Before I posted my word on to the glossary, I would look through the dashboard to see if it was already claimed by another student. Some of these words that I’ve encountered had multiple definitions so I gave all the definitions but stated which definition was related towards the text that I found the word in. For every word, I gave my understanding not only in the word but also in the author’s text. With this glossary, it made me really think about the words I don’t know instead of just giving up on them because I did not know their meaning. I believe the words I searched for not only helped expand my vocabulary but also helped out my fellow peers. Every time I would see my word on the glossary I would have another word I could learn its definition. This glossary project made the learning of words feel like a community. Each week there was a new word to be learned, not only from me providing a word but the other students providing their words as well.