Sound Visualization: Phase #1

For this project, I listened to two types of music; Legato and Staccato to help me create patterns that go with it. Legato is music that is smooth and it flows. Staccato is music that has a fast beat and have breaks between the notes. The song that I chose for the Legato was “The A Team” by Ed Sheeran. This song was slow and had a smooth flow to it. For the song, the pattern that I drew for this were wavy lines. For Staccato, the song that I chose for it was “Very Good” by Block B. This song has a heavy beat to it and has some breaks between the notes. The pattern that I decided to draw for this was zig-zags. The drawings took about 20 to 25 minutes to do.

Legato: The A Team by Ed Sheeran

Staccato: Very Good by Block B

Legato
Staccato

1 thought on “Sound Visualization: Phase #1”

1. While looking at your legato sketches I listened to the music and the flow from both the sketches and the music a blended well together. It feels as though each wave represented the resonance I hear in the background as the guitar was playing. It was a really mollifying feeling that brought a nice atmosphere. I did the same procedure for the staccato as well and your sketches really show the energy of the music. Each zig-zag represents the variety in the tempo between beats.