Genre: Short Story
Mike and Bob we’re bored one Friday night they had a very long week and wanted to do something exciting. Mike was on Facebook and saw an ad for a new comedy club called Nick’s Comedy’s Club the reviews for it were through the roof, he told Bob, “Let’s go to this comedy club it seems like fun and they even have a sit down to eat so even if it sucks we can still eat.” Bob doesn’t really show much excitement for anything so he gives off a “Meh” and gets up and they’re off to the comedy club. They get to the comedy club and it is really alive music is pumping and the tables are all packed luckily they went on Friday which is no kids night so the jokes are a little bit more there speed. They finally find a seat and you hear alarms going off and lights point to the stage and a man walks out, “Greeting ladies and gentlemen my name is Nick I’m gonna be the host for the night hows everyone’s day slow dragging yea me too but now that you’re here we’re gonna put a little excitement into your lives. Nick starts doing a few skits and Mike is completely just loving it and Mike isn’t that impressed. Nick notices it and calls out Bob “Uh oh we have a frown in the crowd I got a special skit for you buddy and you could even be in it.” While Nick is walking down the stairs he trips down them and twists his ankle everybody else is silent and all you hear is one faint laughter and sure enough it is Bob in the back Nick here’s it and says, “It may have cost me a ankle but I got him to smile now someone to call me an ambulance.” The ambulance comes and Mike and Bob leave and Mike asks Bob what he thought of it. Bob’s answer completely surprises Mike, “I loved it I can’t wait to go next Friday this is one of the best places after a long week.” And Mike likes that idea and every Friday Mike and Bob and became great friends with Nick and he gave Bob his own skits to do and Bob learned how to finally put his awkwardness to good use.
10 Writing Genres that I encounter in my life are
- Instagram Posts
- Facebook Posts
- Youtube Videos
- Text Messages
- Postage Mail
Nicola Caracci wikiHOW FORMAT
Here is the Key to Have a Happy Relationship with Your Loved One
Step 1: Before anything before you start making it official make sure you can take care of yourself before you can take care of yourself and make sure to talk for a while go on a couple of dates get to know the person before you start dating someone that should belong with the Looney Tunes
Step 2: When it’s time to ask the person out make it cute don’t be the person who sends that text going “You want to go out with me” put a little sizzle in it spice it up
Step 3: I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH MAKE SURE YOU MARK DOWN WHAT DATE YOU START GOING OUT YOU MISS THAT ANNIVERSARY YOU WILL BE IN WHAT I LIKE TO CALL THE DOG HOUSE
Step 4: Make sure you send cute texts every day at least once even an “I Love You” counts, so the person knows they’re on your mind
Step 5: Here and there show off the person you’re dating if you have someone ask you if you and so and so are even still dating then you aren’t posting enough and if you want some brownie points post a little spam
Step 6: Throw some gifts in this step isn’t necessary just something you can either do handmade or bought especially if you know they’re having a bad day it’s the thought that counts (food and/or flowers works 99% of the time also)
Step 7: KNOW WHEN TO PICK YOUR BATTLES, know when to actually try to talk about something that could lead into an argument and when not to if you know it’ll be a stupid argument just let it go suck it up and move on with your day
Step 8: Don’t cheat man what’s the point you already worked so hard in life to get this person to throw it all the way meanwhile you know you have someone that’s going to have your back through thick and thin
Step 9: Loyalty and Respect will go a long way just treat the person how you want to be treated and if you’re not happy with how you’re being treated don’t be scared to speak up
Step 10: No matter how much pride you may have pride will kill the relationship sometimes you just have to let your pride go in some instances to make the relationship work
Step 11: To me the most important step is TRUST without trust your relationship will fail flat on its face
Step 12: Have a good relationship with the friends and family of the person you’re dating and make your family and friends meet the person that way whenever a problem can be going on you know how to solve it
Step 13: Know when your other comes before you when you have to drop whatever it is you’re doing and go to them whether it be when they need you most or when you feel that something is going on that you don’t like communication is key
Step 14: Always be ready to adapt don’t be thick minded and stuck in one thing you never know the type of person you will be attracted to sometimes these steps may not even work just be ready to work in any situation
Step 15: Go out on dates either at home or at restaurants, movies etc. Just do stuff you will both enjoy sometimes the best dates are the ones that won’t break the bank in your wallet
Step 16: DO NOT BE CONTROLLING IT WILL KILL THE RELATIONSHIP KNOW THE LINE BETWEEN CONTROLLING AND PROTECTIVE THERE IS A FINE LINE BETWEEN THE TWO IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE BEING CONTROLLED SPEAK UP TEACH THEM THE DIFFERENCE
Step 17: With all the talking about the other person don’t change yourself if they don’t like who you are they’re not for you don’t be disguised by a nice face and body but there personality is dirt because there looks isn’t what will be talking to you there personality and heart will
FOLLOW THESE STEPS AND I GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE IN A HAPPY HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP!
1) It usually takes 2 to 3 drafts of a piece of writing it all depends on what type of piece it is that I’m working on. I also write a “down draft”, an “up draft”, and a “dental draft” like Lamott says. I was not surprised about her chapter’s title because I believe also that the very first draft in something will always be the “shittiest”. I do not think I will have to change the way I write if I decide to write a “shitty first draft”.
1) I feel very comfortable composing a piece of writing in this genre because I would think of it as just writing a normal post that I would usually on Facebook no matter where it is being posted the writing will always be the same. I do feel more comfortable then someone much older than me in this instance, they may not write as well because they could start possibly clicking all the different features by mistake and some mistakes they might make is I do not believe there is any spell check on Facebook so just like me there could be the same grammar and spelling errors as I would have.
2) My favorite title was “Time Traveler: Everyone In The Future Eats Dippin’ Dots”
3) Some rules I carry around in my head are to always try and make my story seem interesting as a great storyteller to keep the reader hooked. I do not have a genre I struggle to write in. I like to write in all genres and quick to adapt to whatever type I need to write to.
Recipe By: Nick Caracci
Name of Recipe:
The Key to Public Speaking
NUMBER OF SERVES: UNLIMITED DIFFICULTY: VARIES ON SKILL
PREPARATION TIME: 10 MINUTES COOKING TIME: AS LONG AS NEEDED
- Good Posture
- Clear Voice
- Talk Slow
- Healthy Throat
- Idea of What to Talk About
- Someone to Talk To
- Quiet Are to Practice
- Note Cards
- Couple of days before the event start learning what it is that you will be talking about.
- Write down on Note Cards the key ideas that you want to talk about.
- Over the next couple of days stand in front of the mirror and practice what you will be saying.
- **IF POSSIBLE, TRY TO GET A LIVE AUDIENCE TO TALK TO**
- The night before prepare your clothes and note cards for the event the next day.
- The morning of the event eat a breakfast so you are awake.
- 10 minutes before the event if possible, use the bathroom so you can keep still on stage.
- Have a relaxed mind and go on stage making sure not to fall.
- Go give the best speech you have ever given!
What I liked about the two articles are it taught that you can be saying one thing to someone and it can cause a different meaning to someone else. That sometimes there is more to something that meets the eye. In the Carroll article the TERM I learned was that there is actually a specific term for someone who is rhetoric and that’s “rhetor” I never knew the extent of being rhetorical can lead into and how specific that topic can get.
Fear: The fears that I have are to fail. To fail to me means I have worked so hard for such a substantial amount of time and let me down but also the ones that matter most to me in life. All the ones that care about me have all wanted me to succeed and some want me to succeed because I am to attempt what those couldn’t. I want to be able to do what I want and show those who didn’t believe in me that I beat them. From a constant torment all in the life that I have lived to take down what I love it is to me to take all that and achieve what I want and rub it all in the faces who wished bad. To succeed and not fail the tasks I have is all I need to do to be able to feel the life I had was successful and complete and make those around me content.
Cure: Ways via overcome my panic concerning failure is via give myself promise one you may use failure to fly via greater lengths.
(Ways to overcome my fear concerning failure is to give myself hope that I can use the failure to get to greater lengths in life.)