- A partner
- Get into a relationship and form a hypothesis: what do you want from a relationship?
- Examine yourself, what stupid things must I get rid of variables and independent variables?
- Examine your partner; Do they compliment you?
- Experiment – Do a couple of test to make sure that the relationship is sustainable, don’t do one test and stick with the results because you will get inaccurte data
- Share your results with your partner and come to a conclusion.
Re: What I do very well
From the recent letters that we do not send to each other, I am going to answer the question you proposed to me last time. Come closer and listen up, this is very important. You cannot tell anyone about this. You see, I am very interested in nothing. Now I know what you are going say, but hear me out, and maybe you’ll be interested in it too. Nothing to you may seem boring and a very improper way to answer your question, but trust me its far beyond any of us. Its so vast.. Compare to that bottomless hole you told me about a couple months ago. I said that I wanted to visit it with you cause it reminds me of nothing. The one thing in my life hat I cannot escape. Doesn’t matter how many times I find something, nothing is always lurking behind. So instead of avoiding it, how bout I embrace it right? I just love its silence. Nothing is peaceful to me.
Hello again Comrade!
I can see from my last letter that you didn’t buy the bullshit answer that I gave you. I really thought that you’d believe that I am interested in nothing, but your are smarter than I thought you were. So, no more bullshit. I will tell you what I am really interested in and do not judge. It is porn. Okay that was my last joke I swear. My interest is jokes. I think that you can see I’m not joking about this one this time. I mean look what I just did to you my precious Comrade. I really sat at home and wasted ink, trees, and some of the precious minutes I had left on this planet to write you a whole letter that was just a meaningless joke. Its cause I cherish the art of jokes. It helps me bring optimism to any situation. I hope that now you’ll understand me better.
PS: I know this has nothing to do with what you asked me, but I want to tell you anyways. There is a difference between horseshit and bullshit. A guy once told me to put the things in a hierarchy,
How to deal with someone’s Bullshit
- A good personality
- Listening skills
- A brain that can decipher information
- Soft voice
- Be optimistic
- Listen to the person thoroughly and carefully
- Have patients. Do not loose your shit
- Respond in an according manner that sounds reassuring
- Explain the flaw in their reasoning
- Tell them to piss off in a respectful manner
I typically only write 1 draft. I’m not going to lie, I never thought about writing more than one draft. I usually write a draft as Lamott describes. I wasn’t surprised at the title when I first saw it. I thought to myself, “Yeah, that makes sense” (probably because that how I describe things in my life that make no sense, “shitty”. After reading this, I will definitely approach my writing in this way because I feel that way every time I start a new writing assignment.