Ludicrously

adverb

“amusing or laughable through obvious absurdity, incongruity, exaggeration, or eccentricity” – Merriam Webster dictionary

The word was encountered in “A Literary Visitor Strolls in From the Airport” by Charles Mcgrath

The sentence that this was used in is“It’s a work of beauty and a joy to behold,” he told the homeowner. The morning was foggy and unseasonably warm, and a few blocks later, near the entrance to Aqueduct Race Track, he shed his jacket and announced: “We’ll, we’re only a fraction of the way there, but in terms of my longer walk, starting in London, I’m already halfway, and I can say that I am ludicrously happy. I am in a state of almost absurd satori. (a Spiritual goal of Zen Buddhism)”

The author utilizes this word to express his emotions while going through his walk in London. To this author taking walks is better than the drinking because “Alcohol and drugs tend to keep you from taking walks”. He walks out of his own free will and doesn’t force it upon himself to “score a walk”.  Because he describes it as foggy warm mornings one could say he admires the scenery around him which makes him absurdly happy probably because on his walks he’s able to see scenery normal people would miss because they only walk from point A to point B instead of taking detours.

Definition