The image above provides the authors visual representation of the word nightmare. The material used to create this image were inking pens and a brush pen. The word nightmare is visually represented through a lot of dark shadowy figures, drawing closer to the frightened man hiding him himself under sheets.
A few reminders:
- Please go to the City Tech Library, 4th Floor of the Library Building at 1pm for class on Monday, 11/12, for our library session on finding sources for our Glossument project.
- Please review the Project #4 assignment
- Your homework is to contribute at least 2 entries to our shared Annotated Bibliography, by 11/12. Please follow the instructions in the document and see my sample entries as models.
- Continue your work on Project #3, and look for comments from me to help guide you through your next steps.
Just a reminder that this event is coming up tomorrow!
“We are hosting a panel discussion/ workshop about story-telling, especially the telling and owning of diverse perspectives. I want our students to understand the power of their story. ”
– Prof. George Garrastegui, Jr., AIGA Diversity & Inclusion Task Force
Owning Your Narrative
Tuesday Oct 2nd, 6pm – 8:30pm
NYC College of Technology
Pearl Room 114/115
Invited Panel Guests:
Director of Education, Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
Director, Inclusion & Diversity at The One Club for Creativity
Creative Lead / Copywriter / Content Strategist
Check the COMD class site to see what is due and what materials are needed for class on Thursday/tomorrow.
See you soon!
Project #1 is DUE
- Bring finished Inked Compositions on 9×12″ Bristol Board (1 stable, 1 ambiguous) to class for critique.
- Your Design Process posts Phases 1-3 should be complete and ready to present.
- If you do not have your work complete, please come to class to participate and support your classmates.
Materials Needed for THIS Monday’s Class:
- The used book that you are using for your Glossument
- Materials of your choice: paint, brushes, collage materials, glue stick, X-ACTO knife, scissors, inking pens, etc.
- We will spend time working on your Glossument in class after the critique.
See you soon!
Just a reminder that your posts and comments for Project #1: Phase 2: Define are due in class on Thursday. Please have your posts and comments ready for critique when you arrive.
Come prepared with the required supplies to work on the last phase of this project: inking!
Check the COMD1100 class site > Class #4 Homework for details.