Cover Letter

New York City College of Technology
300 Jay Street
Brooklyn, New York 11201

December 12, 2018

Micheal Smith, DFA
Curator
Art Gallery
123 Ink Street
Brooklyn, New York 11201

Dear Mr.Smith,

I am writing to you to inquire about your art gallery space and propose an installation based on the work my classmates and I have compiled. I am a Communication Design student at New York City College of Technology currently studying Graphic Design and raster and vector graphics. I take interest in digital art, motion graphics, illustration, and street art. Together with my classmates, we have developed an installation entitled ” a Glossument”. Inspired by Tom Phillips ” A Humument,” this project focuses on taking a book, painting, create a collage and/or using cutting or carving techniques, all to create or transform the book into something new, different, and original.

Our installations include a series of altered books filled with representations of words chosen from our class glossument =. These words are represented through image or text. Each book created follows the author or artist theme of choice. M work, in particular, has a dark, horror theme. It is filled with visual representations of words that follow this particular theme in some way.

My classmates and I hope that this installation is of interest to you and your gallery. If you feel like asking me any questions, please feel free to contact me, my address is written above, in the top right corner of this letter. I look forward to your reply and any questions you want to ask.

Sincerely yours,

Garence