In this Project, I learned the colors used in a composition and the dominant, sub-dominant, accent, and tint colors would be. What I believe I could have done better is create the waves more realistic and show more black. From what I learned in this project that I could apply in anything project would be knowing what colors are common and be able to make them fit together.
During this project, I learned about the relationships between different colors and how these relationships can work to enhance or dull the presence of each color depending on their positioning. I believe that I maintained a good understanding of the progression of colors in tints, shades, and color transitions. The understanding of these three topics helped me to find a good example of color harmony during our trip to the Cooper Hewitt Design Museum and gave me the opportunity to use these color relationships to recreate them in my own fashion. So overall, I believe I encountered and digested a great amount of knowledge and potential from this project.
What I learned in this project is the color value and saturation. For instance, the color is the same in a composition but it appears different because of its influence color and the saturation. What I would like to retry again would be Group 4 Shifting Hue and Value, it was very challenging for me to see and make the hue different from one another. For our next project, I would use the color wheel and know the complimentary of each color.
During this project, I learned about how how some colors can be perceived differently depending on whatever colors surround them. I also learned that a certain hue of a color can have a variating shade that helps them to stand out. While I was working on this project, I felt that it took a little bit of time to train my eyes to be able to see the changes in color, but I believe that my ability to see the difference in value was what helped me excel in this project.
During this project, I reviewed a familiar yet complex topic in the subject of color, brightness, and saturation. I feel that I could have improved my craftmanship closer to the beginning of the project and still remains as a problem for me. However, I do feel like I have come to understand the nature of different colors in a new way.
Throughout this project, it was fun and creative, this is because we created a different image of ourselves and no one could possibly think it came from our portrait. I learned how to use gouache paint. This was a challenging part for me, the color that I wanted to get, it did not look similar to the original image. I would retry painting my broad image over and over again. The narrow composition was easy to convert it to Photoshop. What I learned from this project, that could be helpful in the next, is using gouache paint and the amount of color being used.
During this project, I learned about the roles that grayscale can play in bringing a composition together. While I was searching for pictures to use for this project, I saw many different choices so I was a little overwhelmed at first, even though I managed to make the choices I needed.
Taking apart those pictures and putting them back together as something completely different was the next task that I found challenging during this project. I felt like the results that I could have had with the pictures I had were limited, but I cast that thought aside and continued with what I thought to be fitting for the project.
On the third phase of this project, I felt that I had a significantly easier time moving through this project. I wasn’t sure if it was because I was already accustomed to the medium we were using, which was Adobe Photoshop, or if it was because it was similar to one of the tasks we had earlier in the project. Either way, I feel that I performed better in this phase compared to the others.
This was a difficult project for me because it was my first time making a video in Photoshop. I had difficulty making thumbnails for staccato and legato pattern but then knew what the meaning was and saw examples. The position on the layers was tricky in Photoshop because I did not know where and what to place them to go along with the music. I think if I knew more about making a video in Photoshop and the illustration, I would have done a good job at it. For the next project, if we do video in Photoshop, I know how to use it and also look up at other projects people have made doing this technique.
My thoughts on this project is that it’s kind of interesting. It helps spark creativity, and improvises on your drawing skills. If I had better drawing skills, and more creativity I probably could have made the project into something more.
This project allowed me to test my skills, when it came to understanding obvious and ambiguous compositions. Next time I will definitely plan out what I want to do next time, so that everything will be more organized. The critique helped me acknowledge that there were things I could work on, but it also made it clear that my work had a lot of potential in it. In the next project I plan on putting more skills into my art, so that I get better with my art.