Remember, today we’re on our second field trip. We’re meeting at BRIC, 647 Fulton St, Bklyn, NY, at 11:45 this morning. We will finish early enough for you to get back to City Tech for your next class if … Read More...
Library session: What stands out from the library session on 10/31?
- know the source
- know how reliable the source can be
- biased vs unbiased
- sometimes we don’t get the information directly from the source
- +sometimes information comes to us instead
In class on 10/24, we discussed a revised schedule for Project #3.
This means that if you haven’t already completed the home work due on 10/24, please post it by the start of class on 10/29. Here are the instructions: … Read More...
Last week for homework you contemplated whether you wanted to research before your Project #3 walk or allow your exploration to be more spontaneous.
For Tuesday (10/22):
- Choose the location of your overlap.
- Pinpoint your location on a map (let’s
Focused freewrite: Think about a time when you became engrossed in or even obsessed with something you were learning, studying, or experiencing. What did you do to feed and develop that interest, and what was the result?
“Reading Lucy” by … Read More...
reading with pen in hand: mark up the readings for today with
- words to look up
- questions about what you don’t understand
- follow-up questions to ask the author
- things you agreed with
- things you disagreed with
- what you understood
- Cover letters for Project #2
- 2 readings for Project #3
- Colson Whitehead, “The Way We Live Now: 11-11-01; Lost and Found”; , Patrick Sisson, “How better photos can help you document, and shape, your neighborhood”