- the act or process of composing specifically : arrangement into specific proportion or relation and especially into artistic form
- the placement or arrangement of visual elements or ‘ingredients’ in a work of art, as distinct from the subject. It can also be thought of as the organization of the elements of art according to the principles of art.
- one who professes and practices an imaginative art
- a person skilled in one of the fine arts
- a skilled performer
An artist is a person engaged in an activity related to creating art, practicing the arts, or demonstrating an art. The common usage in both everyday speech and academic discourse is a practitioner in the visual arts only
(Pablo Picasso,Frida Kahlo,Jim Carrey,Beyoncé,Kanye west,will smith,Denzel washignton..Etc)
- the conscious use of skill and creative imagination especially in the production of aesthetic objects
- a diverse range of human activities in creating visual, auditory or performing artifacts (artworks), expressing the author’s imaginative, conceptual ideas, or technical skill, intended to be appreciated for their beauty or emotional power.
Art is the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, creative activity, such as painting, music, literature, and dance.
- a technique (such as the combining of sound, video, and text) for expressing ideas (as in communication, entertainment, or art) in which several media are employed something
- also something(such as software) using or facilitating such a technique
Multimedia is content that uses a combination of different content forms such as text, audio, images, animations, video and interactive content. Multimedia contrasts with media that use only rudimentary computer displays such as text-only or traditional forms of printed or hand-produced material.
A mission statement is a formal summary of the aims and values of a company, organization, or individual. It can also describes the purpose of a business.But the main purpose of a mission statement is to serve as a company’s goal,agenda or identity, it clearly outlines what the goal is.
The reason I chose a mission statement is because it fits my ideals and what I inspire to be as a designer. A mission statement is very clear and specific as well as easy to understand. The best way to describe a good misson statememt is Chuck Cohn’s interpretation of one. CEO and Founder of Varsity Tutors, guest writer at Entrepenuer.com in his article”4 Techniques for Crafting a Mission Statement Worth Remembering” he wrote “A company’s mission statement can come in many forms. Do you promise to put your customers’ needs first or to develop quality products, innovative applications or intuitive technology? Some statements are only a sentence, while others may run several paragraphs.” Ultimately, he is noting that theirs alot of freedom in writing one theirs not one size fit all formula to it.
However, He also states a couple tips to help create one. “Define your purpose,Be specific,Inspire and keep it succint” He mentions asking ourselfs why our company exists as well as making our mission plausible and attainable can help create an effective mission statement. It can also be powerful to include an inspirational element as well as not using Buzzwords and jargon it could enhance a mission statement greatly. It’s also important to recognize how lengthy we make our mission statement. Cohn states “Some of the biggest companies in the world devote full pages to their mission statements, but that may not be the ideal way to convey your enterprise’s particular message. When writing your mission statement, try to be as concise as possible. If it’s lengthy, pare it to sharpen your vision and delivery.”
With that in mind I believe anyone could write a mission statement because of how simple and effective it is. For example if I were to write a mission statement using my knowledge earned from researching and the tips from Chuck Cohn’s. It would be “It all starts with an idea. I Striving to meet and exceed my expectations as well as others.”
I found the hardest part of the project was painting but overall I enjoyed learning and understanding new aspects of art. One thing I would work on is practicing my definition of colors better.
This was a short little project but it was interesting to say the least. It was just nice to see all the different colors that are within a single thing, whether it’s a picture of a person, place, thing etc…And my image was just a random bottle that I decided to do. Would have love to make it within Illustrator or Photoshop but I am not familiar really at all with those softwares. But still enjoyed the project none the less.
I enjoyed this project, even if I had less time to work on it than the other projects I’ve done this semester. I used a comic from an comedy artist I found named Shen Comix, for my color inventory. For my composition, the color inventory reminded somewhat of nature, so I decided to use the browns for a tree and the more colorful colors for a bird. The colors left over were grays so I gave the bird a tiny hat.