- Searched google for “Bills passed in 2019 in NY”
- Clicked “https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation”
- I clicked this site because it is a government website
- Stayed for about 5 mins since I didn’t find any actual information.
- I Decided the information was useless because all this page told me was how many votes their were and no actual information about the bill
- Searched google for “ new health and reproductive bill in new york”
- Clicked “https://www.amny.com/news/politics/reproductive-health-act-1.26272933”
- I clicked this site because It is an article of the abortion law recently passed
- I stayed for about 5 mins
- Some information was useful while most was not
- Searched google for “New abortion law”
- Clicked “https://www.factcheck.org/2019/02/addressing-new-yorks-new-abortion-law/”
- I clicked this site because its a fact check website
- I stayed for about 10 mins
- I found the information useful because it gave a detailed description about what the bill is and the limitations to certain parts
Author: Tiana Lee
Rules that make writing hard (Classwork)
When writing an essay I tend to think about things like grammar, punctuation and if the essay is interesting. I can never start the rest of the essay without finishing the introduction and when writing the introduction I think about if my hook is good enough or if my thesis is okay. I am a perfectionist so if I’m not satisfied with my intro I will start over. When I’m finally satisfied with my introduction I will begin my body paragraph by bringing up one of the points I’m trying to make. I will explain how the point is relevant to the topic and why it supports what I am trying to say. I will continue with another paragraph bringing up another point. Depending on the type of essay it is I will add another point or I will add a counter claim. I tend to rewrite ever paragraph 1-3 times depending on how satisfied I am with my writing.
My goals for college are to figure out my major and when I do figure it out, to work hard to complete and pass all my classes and requirements need to graduate and start my career. After college I hope to find a job that I like and I’m happy to do because I believe that success is based on happiness. I see writing fitting into my college goals because in college you are constantly writing papers and taking notes. Writing fits into my after college goals because with every career field I am considering there is lots and lots of paperwork. I chose a picture of pink glitter because I love things both pink and glittery and I feel like it describes my personality if you get to know me.