Letter

Jawad Awada

Dear Professor,

Well the semester is over now and it’s been quite the experience. I’m going to get to the writing part of the course in a bit but I just wanted to say this was one of the most interesting classes I’ve ever had, having all those days that resulted in no classes (snow day, evacuation and being locked out of class) and you were able to do a great job at being able to present the material in such a smooth way having all the events that occurred. I was the type of kid that enjoyed writing and this class was really enjoyable when it came to that concept. Before taking this class I had no idea what literacy sponsors were along with many other types of writings that were taught in this class. Usually when i’m given a new material that I don’t know anything about it takes a bit for me to understand it but that was not the case at all in this class, I was able to catch on real quick which made it a very enjoyable class for me. The relationship I have with writing is very important because it’s not just important in an English class, it’s inserted in every class and plays a big role in chasing what we came here to achieve (graduating). I did a lot of writing back in high school and it was something that I did not like in the beginning, but after doing it so many times I slowly started to like it a lot. I entered this class not knowing all the different types of writings and after exploring all the ideas that were given to me I was able to open my mind more and have a sense of more freedom in what and how I write. The only concern I might have when it comes to writing is that I tend to get repetitive and sometimes I add too much details which would make the reader lost but it’s something that I’ve been working towards improving on. Overall I feel like I learned a lot in this class and that all my questions that I had about writing were answered (i’m being totally honest when I say that I learned a lot taking this class). I’m glad I chose this class and I look forward towards my next English class.

Sincerely, Jawad