Unit 4 Re-Mix Project

Re-mix for a new audience

The truth is, we don’t live in a completely linear-text world. It’s full of all those different genres you looked at earlier, all of them doing different things and giving information to audiences in different ways.

Now it’s your turn.

Take what you learned in the Research unit, figure out who would benefit from knowing all or part of it, why it would benefit them, and then find a different genre to do that. I’ve had students do brochures about everything from texting-while-walking (for middle-schoolers) to how to deal with a chronic illness (for people who have that illness). I’ve had poetry and rap cycles. I’ve had photo essays, podcasts, short stories aimed at children. Whatever was on that list of genres, my students have at least attempted it.

So partner up, or team up, or do it yourself — we’ll figure it out in class. Then go for it!

You’ll present your re-mix to the class, and also deliver an Artist’s Statement to me that tells me about what you did, why you made the choices you did, how it went, and what you learned along the way.