The end of the semester is slowly approaching!!!!!!
I hope my email finds you well. Finals are right around the corner! One last effort and it will be winter break 🙂 Now is the time to continue focusing and make good use of the Writing Center, Tutoring and study for finals.
It was a pleasure meeting all of you and I am proud of each one of you: you made it through the semester! To celebrate, I would like to invite you to our Pizza Party this Thursday, December 11th in N-215 @ 12:45 – 2:00.
I hope to see you all there. I will also be visiting you this Wednesday, December 10th.
For those that did not complete the survey will have the chance to do so.
Thank You In Advance!
Your Peer Mentor
Mid-Semester is approaching I hope you all are getting through your classes great. I do understand that some of you may be encountering a few difficulties. However, take your time and remain focused to the best of your ability. I am trying to schedule a visit to meet with you all again, which I would confirm with your professors on the best date. In the meanwhile if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few updates are as follows:
1) The First Year Learning Community has finally created an Instagram account. Please take the opportunity to follow us and take part.!!!!!! You are the first to be a part of such a great experience with us.
Follow us @citytechlearningcommunities
2) Tomorrow, October 9th look out for the “Battle of The DJ’s” presented by SGA Social Director Fredrick Jones.
Located on the Ground Floor Atrium from 12:45 pm -2:15 pm.
-Free Food & Entertainment
-1st, 2nd & 3rd place prizes
First Year Program Peer Mentor
I hope you are keeping up with your schoolwork especially those quizzes, papers and projects that are being assigned. My advice: Focus and do not procrastinate. If you need help there is tutoring available for certain classes and a writing center. Handing in a paper with a slip from the writing center shows you made an effort to get your paper reviewed. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Attached Information and Updates for everyone:
1) Today, Thursday, October 2nd, 2014, there will be an information session regarding the SCHOLARSHIPS for DREAMERS in Namm 402 at 12:30pm. There will be one-on-one assistance with the application process.
2) Also today, Thursday, October 2, 2014 in Room N206 from 12:45 to 1:30, The Food & Wine Club of the Hospitality Department is having an event: “Everythin’ Donut Extravaganza.” They are also looking for both FOH and BOH staff for the event. For more information, please contact their club Secretary at Janemichelle.Tan@mail.citytech.cuny.edu
3) The Counseling Services Center will be offering different workshops throughout the Fall 2014 semester on topics such as “Tips and Tricks to Getting A’s in Your Classes”, “Finding the Time to Get Things Done on Time”, “Career Decision Making”… Please see the attached.
I would love for everyone to take advantage. It will be a great experience and you all would be able to receive some assistance with any difficulties that you may be encountering.
First Year Program Peer Mentor
Download (PDF, 153KB)
Download (PDF, 1.9MB)
Download (PDF, 959KB)
It’s your peer mentor Natalie here again letting you know I will be meeting you all tomorrow for the first time in your HUS 1101 class. I am very excited to meet you all. Since I was not able to meet you all for the past few weeks I still have great news. We were suppose to have a welcome event, unfortunately it was cancelled.
Nonetheless, Student life and Development will be having a Hispanic event this Thursday to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month during club hours at the cafeteria. There will be food, a Mariachi band and some goodies which would be distributed to students. Secondly, the Placement Office is holding a Jobs & Internships Orientation for students searching for opportunities. It is also during club hours in room N700. I hope you enjoy these events. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
My name is Natalie Joefield and I will be your Peer Mentor for Fall 2014. I am a student just as you are in the Human Service major finishing up on my last year. I intend to further my studies to the graduate level in order to pursue my profession towards youth counseling/advocacy. I am very delighted and excited to experience being a peer mentor. I am very eager to meet each of you all and inform you about all the great things New York City College of Technology aka City Tech has to offer. My role is to be as much as a guide for you all towards your first year in college. I am willing to share as many experiences and information I have encountered throughout City Tech with you all. I am also intrigued to hear many different questions and thoughts about your first year as college freshman. However, I would love to go on about so much more, but I will make an end. I don’t want to let you all know too much, in fact I want to have the chance to broaden different thoughts when I come to the class. Lastly, I will say it is my pleasure to have the opportunity to work with you all and your professors.
Thank You In Advance!
P.S. See you all soon!