Assignment for Day 2:
- Complete the assignment from Day 1 (sign into citytech email, sign up for OpenLab, join our course).
- In our course website, post a comment on one of the following pages: Either the Assignments page or the Notes page from Day 1 or Day2. Your comment should be:
- More than one complete sentence.
- Either a description of something you learned (explaining in more detail one of the concepts in the lesson), or a question about one of the concepts in the lesson.
- Must include your full name (first and last) and which section you are in (Professor Halleck or Professor Reitz).
- Read the NOTES for Day 2 and choose (at least) one of the videos to watch.
In addition to the assignment above, we strongly recommend that you make an attempt to complete the problems assigned in the book below.
TEXT: Elementary College Geometry by Africk
NOTE: Many of the assigned problems below require algebra skills that we will be covering later in the class. We encourage you to try to solve these problems now, but if you are not able to DON’T WORRY.
|1.4 Parallel Lines: pp. 30-38: Ex. A-E||Page 42: 1-25 odd|
|6.1 The Area of a Rectangle and Square: pp. 244-247: Ex. A-B, D||Page 249: 1-5 odd, 15, 17|
|7.6 Area of a Circle: pp. 342: Ex. A||Page 348: 1, 3, 7, 9|
|1.5 Triangles: pp. 46-54: Ex. A-F||Page 55: 1-25 odd|
|6.3 The Area of a Triangle: pp. 260-264: Ex. A||Page 265: 1, 3, 7, 21, 23|