For this Sketch exercise I ended up using pictures of my friend and little sister as well.
Discuss Jillian Tamaki on Idea Generation: http://blog.jilliantamaki.com/2008/10/idea-generation/
PLease explain the steps she uses. Are there technique she uses which you already incorporate into your Idea generation process?
Are there new techniques you learned which you feel might be helpful?
Be sure to read eachother’s observations BEFORE posting your own. Remember… ITS A DISCUSSION. 🙂
- Decide on your top 2-3 thumbnail sketches.
- Choose based on feedback you received from your Art Director (In this case ME.) and your peers, as well as your own passion and design sense.
- Research additional reference images needed and add to your Pinterest board of inspiration for Assignment One. Collect any reference images needed to fully realize each design concept.
- Create mock-ups using digital media to aide in rapid work.
- Sketch 2-3 Concept Sketches.
Compare in these examples the Approved Thumbnail sketch and the corresponding Concept Sketch. Consider where changes were made.
DUE NEXT WEEK:
- Post your Concept Sketches, carefully labeled and a Link to your updated Pinterest board, along with a description to Openlab.
- Categorize your post Work in Progress.