For this week I decided to focus on complimentary colors due to the fact that we often see a lot of these in nature, clothing, logos, and illustrations, especially in comic books and other form of print media . With the designs in which i did i also wrote down what they were reminiscent of and what the color scheme looked like and what it can be used for. I love the concept of complementary colors , especially if they are done right and they can bring a design out when it needs to be brought out. For the little tree i did as well as the blue and orange flag i also incorporated some value like hatching and scribbling
- Date: Tuesday October 13th
- Meeting Info: ZOOM Class info Below
To-Do Before Class
- Assignment 1 – Beverage Label , Part 5 of 5 due, Final Pencil Drawing
- Sketchbook Exercise Week 5
- Reading Week 5
- Discussion Week 5
COLOR in Illustration
- SUPER POWER Ice breaker
- Wrap Up Week 9, Value
- Small group sketchbook share
Assignment 1 – Final Pencil Drawing & Value Studies
- DIGITAL INKING Process Video
Color Theory in Illustration
K.I.S.S. Theory of COLOR
FILES so you can follow along!
- Basic Methods of Digital coloring.
- COLOR STUDIES Step by Step
- Practice Basic Methods of Digital Coloring
- Work on COLOR COMPS
Review Assignments and Expectations for Next Week’s Class
Due Next Week
- Midterm Project – Beverage Label Final Inked Illustration & 3 COLOR COMPS (Due Week 8)
- COLOR COMPS due next week
- Sketchbook Exercise: Choose a visual element(s) from your design. Fill your sketchbook with studies of that visual element from reference. Share both the reference and your studies.
- Quiz on Value, Composition and Color, Week 7
- Reading Week 6 : READINGS on COLOR
- Discussion Week 6 : Discussion on COLOR
Sara Woolley is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Illustration 1
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 230 323 6582
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,2303236582# US (New York)
+13017158592,,2303236582# US (Germantown)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 230 323 6582
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcdLIPFtHF
DO: After Completing Reading for Week 6 on COLOR , choose an illustration which makes strong use of a limited palate. Share it along with a few sentences about why you chose it, who the artist is, and how the artist uses Color Theory.
- Deconstruct the illustration: Who created it and what process and media do you think they used?
- Share links to more of their work.
- What does Color Techniques does the illustrator use?
- Why do you consider them effective?
Be sure to read eachother’s observations BEFORE posting your own. Remember… ITS A DISCUSSION. 🙂