- Date: Tuesday September 8th 2:30 pm
- Meeting Info: ZOOM MEETING
To-Do Before Class
- Assignment 1, Part 1 : Brainstorm & Research
- Sketchbook Exercise Week 1 : Meet the Artist
- Reading Week 1 : 5 Steps to Developing a Sketchbook Practice
- Discussion Week 1 : Developing a Sketchbook Practice
- Join this Openlab Site
- Purchase Supplies
ILLUSTRATION PRACTICES: PROCESS & WORKFLOW
- Rose and Thorn
- Wrap Up, Week 1 Why Keep a Sketchbook?
- Meet the Artist Share
- small group sketchbook share & introductions
ILLUSTRATION PROCESS, PART 2:
- Who’s who in the process and what can I expect?
- Typical workflow.
- Drawing from Reference
- The importance of multiple solutions.
- Personal Vision
- Thumbnails: How to and how many is too many?
In Class Demo
- Create thumbnails based on Student Concepts
Review Assignments and Expectations for Next Week’s Class
Due Next Week
- Assignment 1 – Beverage Label (Tea, Coffee, Wine, etc.) Illustration
- Sketchbook Exercise Week 2 : Visual Vocabulary
- Discussion Week 2 : PROJECT INSPIRATION: Choose an illustrated label / can / or box design you admire. Post it to the openlab. Write a post on what you feel is working and why you chose it. Be prepared to speak about it next week.