Project 4 Draft

In this city, people are alway seem so busy, whether its on a weekday or a weekend, and the question I have for them and myself is; are we happy where we are right now? Or the moment we stepped out the house at 7a.m in the morning? While I was rushing to school, I notice there are many adults with their briefcases, students with their backpacks. New York City is a beautiful city and we, the young one always ignored the beauty of it. Yes, the young one, because we still in the early stage of our life and we got caught up with responsibilities. People in their late stage of their life are the one who notice the changes and the beauty of this city. When we are on our ways to our destination, our moods either tired, fed up, sleepy or annoyed. There are ways to boost up our mood early in the morning, and depends on if you have extra time for it. A walk through a path filled with nature or peacefulness can helps you relief your stress and achieve your inner desire for calmness.

The route I take to get to my class is a common route that multiple people take. I’ve never notice any details as I rush to my class, the views from the first day became parts of my memories and I’ve never bother to go update or renew it. Weeks ago, I came up with the thoughts of walking through the same route but in a slow pace. I stepped out the R train station, passed through the mall. When I looked in, I saw worker placing the food in it’s section. The steam from the food blurred out the windows and also my view. I walked through the same path everyday but never noticed the changes. Between the NYU building and the Chipotle, there’s a little road with light poles on each side. If you look carefully, you’ll noticed the Christmas light decoration around the poles, waiting for night time to come for them to brighten up the street. Instead of making a turn towards Starbucks like I usually do, I walk straight to the other NYU building. There’s a little park on NYU’s campus, when I was walking towards it, There’s a giant Christmas tree in the middle of the road. The Christmas tree is something that wasn’t there in the first place, the community put it up due to the upcoming Christmas season. When I enter the park, the leaves are resting on the ground, the trees are held bald, however, it does not ruin the peacefulness of this park. In the park, there are benches for passengers or students to relax. The views calm me down, brought peacefulness in my heart.

There are multiple routes to the school but R train takes less times and more efficient. Our daily commute can be delayed which cause ruins our morning and that’s why choosing the right route can gives our mood a little twist. My daily route might seem common but it’s the little details that separate it from common to enjoyable.