Glossary conclusion

Profligate

Impoverished

Promiscuity

Achingly

Metropolis

Motley

Drab

Impediment

Ethics

Antiquities

Abhorrent

Activist

Atrocities

Pragmatic

Cognition

I enjoyed doing the glossary project throughout the semester because not only did it help me understand certain texts that we read in class better but it also help me strengthen my vocabulary. Me being the person I am , I love to replace regular everyday words with strong words that you don’t hear too often. For example “drab”, I use that word to describe something boring or something that doesn’t really interest me. Some of these words I actually heard before  but I still never understood the actual meaning and how to use it in a sentence. Like the word activist. I always assumed it just meant somebody who takes part in politics. But no it actually means a person who campaigns to bring about political or social change. Well I wasn’t entirely wrong but now I know what it truly means. This is the first English class that I’ve been in that has done something like this and I can truly say that this will help me in the long run. Looking at my fellow colleagues definitions as well will certainty help, even if we have the same words, their definitions could be a different version of the word. I would definitely recommend this other than a thesaurus.

1 thought on “Glossary conclusion