project 4 draft

In New York and the city, people go through rough times and what I mean by rough times is when people go through crowded areas, when people are usually busy everyday, and when people have hard times to find jobs. I believe that every New Yorker are strong because New York is a popular place and it is hard for others to find a place to live. In my mornings, I take the easiest and fastest route as possible to get to City Tech. I take a lot of routes including buses and trains. Transportation takes a long time in Queens. It usually takes two hours to get here and I usually have morning classes so I would have to wake up early around 5 in the morning.

The first route I take is the Q27 bus in Queens. The Q27 bus is a long ride in queens because I live in Bayside and the bus goes to flushing. I usually sleep in the bus because Flushing MainSt is the last stop. Usually, people would wake me up at the last stop but I would wake up by myself. After getting off the bus, I would usually get breakfast from Dunkin Donuts because my classes are early and the lectures are really long. When I’m in Flushing Mainst, it’s really busy and crowded with a lot of Asian people. There are a lot of transportation in Flushing and a lot of places to shop and eat. Whenever I’m in Flushing Mainst, I think of Flushing like the city in Times Square because there’s a lot of lights and people.

The second route I take is the 7 train. There are two different 7 trains in the morning which is the express train and the local train. The express train is a lot faster for my route because it takes about 30 minutes or 40 minutes. The local train takes an hour to get to 5th avenue. I would have to get off 5th avenue to transfer to the F train. After getting off the 7 train to 5th avenue, I would have to walk inside the train station to the downtown F train.

The third route I take is The F train. The F train also has two trains which are the express train and the local train. I have to take the local train because the express doesn’t take you to Jay St. The local F train takes 20 minute to Jay St. I would just listen to music in the train and look at the stops. After getting off on Jay St metrotech, I would have to walk to City Tech. After getting out of the train station, the walk is about 5 – 7 minutes to city tech. However, I would see NYU campus and the building. NYU campus has a great view because there are a lot of people walking by and there are a lot of good restaurants like Chipotle, Five Guys, and more. There are better restaurants like Shake Shack, McDonalds, BurgerKing, and Panera Bread. When I’m in City Tech early, I would sometimes grab breakfast in the cafeteria. I would eat bacon, egg, and cheese in croissant. However when I go to City Tech late, I would run up the stairs and go to class. Sometimes, I would feel lazy and take the elevator.

When I go to class, I would take notes and I would try to concentrate in class. The lectures are really long and some professors are really boring so I would sometimes take a nap. After class, I would grab sometime to eat for lunch. Shake Shack is good quality but very expensive for a burger. It would cost around $13 for a small burger. I usually save my money and not eat lunch at all. After lunch, I sometimes have classes and sometimes I would not have classes. After finishing school, I would have to go back to the F train. The route is kind of different than the one I explained earlier. I would take the F local train to Queens/Manhattan. I would get off 42nd st to transfer to the 7 train. During the afternoon, the trains only runs local till 3 PM because it’s usually not busy in the afternoon.

The 7 local train is a very long ride because it takes an hour so I would sleep in the train. Sometimes, people would wake me up but sometimes I would wake up around 10 minutes before my last stop. After getting off the 7 train, I would have to walk 3 blocks to the bus stop. However, I would go to the gym after getting off the 7 train. The bus is the same bus I take in the mornings and get off at Horace Harding exp which is in Bayside. The bus ride is usually 30 minutes long.

In the mornings, my transportation depresses me but sometimes, I would wake up as a happy person. I really like walking in the city because there are a lot of people and a lot of lights. The city changes my mood in a positive way but in Flushing main st, I really don’t care because I go there almost every day.