- Date: 11/17/20
- Meeting Info: Zoom Zoom Zoom
To-Do Before Class
- Assignment 2, Editorial Illustration part 3 of 3 ,
- Limited Palate Color Final Editorial Illustration
- Sketchbook Exercise Week 10 NONE
- Reading Week 10 Using Color to establish Focal Points
- Discussion Week Editorial Illustration with process analysis (see week 10)
- Add Ice breaker Activity
- Wrap Up, Week 10
Assignment 2, Editorial illustration
- Art that tells a story: Book Illustration, Comics, Storyboards etc.
- The elements of a story
Review Assignments and Expectations for Next Week’s Class
- Demonstrate story update brainstorming.
- Update existing stories in small groups by changing 1 or more elements. Try using dice to randomize which elements to change, and do it as a sketchbook exercise.
Due Next Week
New: Final Project: Narrative Illustration *Final will include a process presentation (Like the midterm)
- Final Project: Part 1: Story Proposal to include research, reference, brainstorming & ideation
- Final Project Part 2 : Character Designs Due WEEK 13
- Sketchbook Exercise Week 11 : Begin sketching elements related to your story: setting culture character mood.
- Reading Week 11: Greg Ruth on Muddy Colors.com, Stories a love letter
- Discussion Week 11 : Stories, a love letter