Professor Woolley | COMD3313 OL74| FA20

Discussion 1 – Alexander Cruz

I love how the author described a sketchbook as something intimate and revealing and she can’t be more right. A sketchbook doesn’t have to be a book full of outstanding detailed drawings. It could be simply for gathering and giving ideas life. This is something that took me awhile to understand. I have always had a passion to draw. My high school school math notebook is full of doodles surrounding equations I barely remember. However, because my skills in drawing weren’t the best, I kind of shunned the idea of a sketchbook. It wasn’t until about 2 semesters ago that I just decided to start the grind and draw until I get better. Til this day I draw things that look horrible, but I also draw things that I am extremely proud of. I hope to see my progress as an illustrator and a thinker in my sketchbook for this class.

1. JonathanL99

I remember all those drawings from HS man and to see how far you’ce gotten. It did take some nudging to urge you but now I see you enjoy using your sketchbook more then using a ps4 controller. Glad I was able to see the journey so far