Reflective Journals#13

It’s already been three months since I had been here, and I only had one month left.  Time goes so fast.  I remembered the first day that I came here, I was so nervous to live with different kinds of people.  However, I made it.  There’s only one month left, and now I started counting down.  Overall, this week was not bad.  The only thing that made me stressful was my role as a runner.  On Tuesday, I supported to do the turn down on the fifth floor.  However, they changed my position since someone called in for sick.  And the position was a runner at Villa, where I never work.  I didn’t have other choices besides Villa.  Therefore, I didn’t know every single linen room that located in Villa.  If you were the runner in Villa, you had to take care of the whole building, which had five floors.  I was so nervous when I got a call or message.  It stressed me a lot.  However, before seven o’clock, I got a ton of calls came.  So I kept finding stuff and running to deliver.  And for most of the time, I couldn’t deliver the stuff by one time.  For instance, a guest required 6 pillows, 20 hangers, 2 blankets, and 2 queen size sheets.  I only had two hands, how could I hold so many things in both hands without any carts?  So I delivered twice to the same room, and I apologized to the guest that I couldn’t hold so many things in one time.  I was glad that the guest understood me and still appreciated my hard-work.  Overall, it was a rush night for me, and I felt so tired after that.

This week was my last week for my classes.  I learned a lot from both classes and I met many friends from both classes.  I gain much information that I never knew before from both classes especially the Human Resources class.  I believe this class was very helpful for my future.

Huihong He

Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort

Housekeeping

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Reflective Journals#13

1. Though the night was stressful I am sure it was beneficial. You now have a broader understanding of the overall operations of Disney and the roles and responsibilities of various cast members. This will prove valuable when you are on an interview or reflecting on a position in general. I am happy you had a chance to do this. What other positions did you have a chance to work on while on your internship?

• Huihong He says:

They scheduled me to train in the base this week. However, since someone called in sick, I had to replace him. Since the occupancy was so low this week, we only had 15 cast members that worked in the night shift. Therefore, I didn’t have a chance to train in the base.