Read & React #5

The classes that I took in Disney were very interesting to me.  I learned a lot of history about Disney from the Corporate Analysis class.  The other class that most attracted me was the Human Resources Management class.  I learned much employment stuff from this class, which was really helpful for my future.  For instance, I learned the process of hiring employees, the laws that protect employees.  However, there’s one part that was impressive was the standards of Human Resources.  There were four standards of Human Resources, which were staffing, hiring & development, motivation and maintenance.  These four standards were very important in a company especially the motivation part.  Showing your employees that you appreciate their success could help you to bring success in your business.   According to Sandhya, K’s article “Employee retention by motivation”, it talked about the employee motivation was one of the important factors that could help the employer to improve employees organizational performance.  Moreover, employee’s retention could be practiced better by motivating the employees in different aspects, such as employee reward program, could practice the employees’ retention better and performance based bonus, etc.  It’s true because if you wanted your company to be success, you had to treat your employees well in order to treat the guests well.  Therefore, appreciated and praised your employees when they were well done.  If you treated your employees well, they would treat your business the way that you treated them.  I learned that information from Human Resources Management class which I thought was really helpful for my future job.

Huihong He

Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort

Housekeeping

This entry was posted in Read and React 5. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Read & React #5

1. imatias89 says:

I agree with what you are saying. It is very important for employers to motivate their employees by showing them appreciation of their work. The human being needs the kind of feedback of knowing that they are doing a good job and that someone notices their hard work. Motivation makes people want to come to work everyday, give their best performance to the job and look forward to positive feedbacks and rewards that keeps them happy and part of the company longer. Especially when a leader tells you, you are doing a great job keep up the good work it makes your day so much better even if its just for that moment.

I know this from experience because when my manager gave me Guest Fanatic Cards and when she told me that I did a great job in controlling the crowded line I felt worth; like a great contribution to my location.

2. Students who take the HR course usually have positive feedback on what they have learned. I am happy you are the same. Can you provide any examples of motivation that you have found in your workplace?

• Huihong He says:

One night, our manager brought all the CPs to watch the firework in Epcot. She booked a boat which costs $300 only for ten people. Moreover, she brought all the cast members to the parks in holiday season to see the holiday decorations. I think even though that’s not a big reward, but it’s good enough to get close with the manager.