Weekly Reflective Journals

Task

Engage in the expereinces offered by the Walt Disney College Program. Think about what you learned through these experiences and write a reflective journal entry experssing what has been learned during the week and how you expect you will be able to apply this learning in the workplace (both now and in the future). Including photos is encouraged.

Reflections should include but are not limited to:

• In class experiences and academic goals
  • Workplace experiences with fellow castmember, leaders and/or guests.
  • Training
  • Accomplishments… Set-backs
  • Volunteer experiences

Role and Audience: Fellow Classmates, Prof. Goodlad, Visitors to the Site

Format
Post the reflective journal, and photos if possible, to the “Reflective Photo Journal ” section of the Disney College Program OpenLab site.

• Go to posts
  • Enter text into text box
  • Add a photo in the desired location
  • Go to “categories” section and choose “Reflective Journal”
  • Click “publish”

Expectations

• Students will exhibit their ability to analyze their experiences and express their understanding of the experience in a creative and professional manner.
  • Students will post at least 15 reflective journal entries and respond to 15 reflective journal entries regularly throughout the semester.
  • Reflective journal entries will be a minimum of 150 words but more importantly will be thoughtful and reflective of the “Living, Learning and Earning” experiences engaged in while on the WDWCP.
  • Reflective journal responses will be thoughtful and inspiring.
  • Use of photos and videos in encouraged.

Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this assignment, students will be able to:

• Communicate in a diverse setting using written and visual means.
  • Gather, interpret, evaluate and apply information discerningly from a variety of sources.
  • Discern multiple perspectives.
  • Utilize various features on OpenLab.

One Response to Weekly Reflective Journals

1. stevek says:

You are a sophomore in college and its your first time going to Disney, I’m guessing you would be just as excited as I was wouldn’t you. However, spending about 20 hours in the car driving there kept making me less and less excited. The ride was longer than ever and when we arrived to our location at 5 o’clock in the morning only to see a huge line of people waiting outside the gates. We weren’t even allowed in until 7 and that’s when it all began. Lets just say that the first day was really, really hectic. I’m guessing that not only are there long lines to get on rides in Disney, but there’s even longer lines to be an official Disney World employee. Once we got our rest it all felt so worth it when I walked into the Magical Kingdom and for the first time ever i was standing right in front of Cinderella’s castle. The whole site and experience was so amazing to me. I felt like a little kid all over again. Know when anybody ever asks me have you ever been to Disney world, i could proudly tell them that not only have I been there, but I work there.