Engage in the expereinces offered by the Walt Disney College Program. Think about what you learned through these experiences and write a reflective journal entry experssing what has been learned during the week and how you expect you will be able to apply this learning in the workplace (both now and in the future). Including photos is encouraged.
Reflections should include but are not limited to:
- In class experiences and academic goals
- Workplace experiences with fellow castmember, leaders and/or guests.
- Accomplishments… Set-backs
- Volunteer experiences
Role and Audience: Fellow Classmates, Prof. Goodlad, Visitors to the Site
Post the reflective journal, and photos if possible, to the “Reflective Photo Journal ” section of the Disney College Program OpenLab site.
- Go to posts
- Enter text into text box
- Add a photo in the desired location
- Go to “categories” section and choose “Reflective Journal”
- Click “publish”
- Students will exhibit their ability to analyze their experiences and express their understanding of the experience in a creative and professional manner.
- Students will post at least 15 reflective journal entries and respond to 15 reflective journal entries regularly throughout the semester.
- Reflective journal entries will be a minimum of 150 words but more importantly will be thoughtful and reflective of the “Living, Learning and Earning” experiences engaged in while on the WDWCP.
- Reflective journal responses will be thoughtful and inspiring.
- Use of photos and videos in encouraged.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this assignment, students will be able to:
- Communicate in a diverse setting using written and visual means.
- Gather, interpret, evaluate and apply information discerningly from a variety of sources.
- Discern multiple perspectives.
- Utilize various features on OpenLab.