Think of your portfolio as a marketing tool to market you.
Home page (BANNER, SITE TITLE & TAG LINE, WIDGET TEXT)
- Use a clean professional image
- SITE TITLE & TAG LINE
- The site’s title includes your name
- The tag line should be an inspirational quote
- WIDGET TEXT: a personal mission statement is added here
- Before you write a personal mission statement think about the following:
- Know your short and long term goals (1year, 2 years, 5 years, 10 years)
- How will you accomplish your goals?
- Think of your character and values: WHO do YOU want to become?
- What do you do now and what will you continue to do to contribute to your success?
- What quotes, poems, songs inspire you?
- Think about leaders you have admired, what is it exactly you admire?
- Take your time, be thoughtful
- This mission statement will change and develop as you change and develop
About Me (PORTFOLIO PAGE)
- Biography of you as a college student and future industry leader
- PDF of resume
Academics (PORTFOLIO PAGE):
- Include a short reflection of the courses that have been of greatest significance to you academic development (include HMGT and core courses)
- Course examples (SUB CATEGORY OF Academic PORTFOLIO PAGE)
- Include evidence of your academic abilities and strengths. Possible skills to highlight include critical thinking, communication, initiative and follow-through, technical skills.
- Supporting documents may include academic projects, papers, activities or assignments.
- Outstanding examples of your academic accomplishments. Supporting documents may include transcripts, course descriptions, syllabi, sample papers.
Professional Development (PORTFOLIO PAGE):
- Include a short reflection of how you are positioning yourself to be a future industry leader. What decisions are you making, what networking you are doing, what organizations you are joining…
- The following are SUB CATEGORIES of your Professional Development PORTFOLIO PAGE
- Resume, PDF and text
- List your internships, include examples of what you learned as an Intern and Supervisor Evaluations (PDF)
- CP diplomas
- Examples of your employment experience and what you contributed as an employee, if possible include a Supervisor Evaluation (PDF) or Recommendation (PDF)
- Honors, Awards and Recommendations:
- Awards received
- Newspaper or other media coverage
Community (PORTFOLIO PAGE)
- Club and organization involvement
- Participation in workshops, conferences and retreats
- Volunteer work
- Social/Campus activism programs