So What’s Next?

I’m feeling a little anxious as I’m nearing the end of the program. I want to be able to relax and fully enjoy my last month here, which I have a feeling will fly by, sadly. If I had another month, it would be perfect!

On the one hand, I am excited to be going back to family, friends, and I cannot lie, back to subways, and NYC restaurants, but there will be aspects of this experience that I will miss including friendships made, and my work location. On the other hand, I am anxious about what to do once I am back home. I am currently revamping my resume as I want to be able to hit the ground running when I am back in NY.

Upon reflection, this work experience has given me more confidence when handling guest situations as well as reading, and connecting with them. I am motivated to search for an employer that prioritizes guests, and their employees. I do not want to settle for just another job. Working at Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground allows me to have a year as a front desk agent, in lodging, under my belt building on the eight months at the hostel back home, and so am excited about the next step.

Suzanne Tran
Front Desk Cashier
Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to So What’s Next?

1. Working at Disney will provide a valuable competetive advancement when you are searching for a job in NY. Make sure to go to a resume writing workshop offered by Disney before you return to NY or run your resume by one of your professors.

You seem to have clearly defined goals which will make your search more focused. Put this together with the electronic resume you will create and you will be a top candidate for many companies.

2. Mei Lin says:

I absolutely understand what you mean. When I first got here I was worried that this would be 4 very long months. Before I knew it, 3 months flew by in a blink of an eye. There is so much to learn while working here in Disney that my roommate and I decided to extend until August. As much as I miss home and everything we get to do in NYC, I must say, Orlando has grown on me. I am also eager to see how far my Disney experience can take me in life.