Schools Out

Classes are finally over, and just came back from picking up my grade packets.  Passed both classes with flying colors so that’s definitely great.  Taking classes in Disney was definitely beneficial to my education because both classes, human resources and experiential learning has taught me a lot throughout the hospitality field.  I have learned a lot in both these classes that I could apply to my future career in the field.  But there is nothing like the feeling of accomplishment when you receive your certificate of completion and the end is so close.  A month ago I was so excited to leave and couldn’t wait for the program to be over, but now that the end is so near, I am actually seeking to extend my stay here at Disney with a seasonal position.  I have been told by my managers and leadears that they would love it if I stay and would give me a letter of recommendation to be extended in the same resort that I am in now.  I find this as a great tool to my networking because these people are high up in their Disney career and getting a recommendation from them is very beneficial to me.

Steven Kushmakov

Caribbean Beach Resort

Food and beverage

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Schools Out

1. Receiving a recommendation is valuable, Disney managers do not usually give recommendations. Congratulations.

Can you explain more about what you learned in your classes?

• stevek says:

In experiential learning we basically learned on how to learn from experience. It was a pretty easy class, and also fun at the same time. The most interesting thing their was that we took a test to figure out what our learning styles are like. i found that very interesting. their are 9 learning styles that a person could have and according on how you do on this “test” you are categorized in a specific part of how you as an individual learn best. I was placed in a balanced learning style, which I found great, because I could learn throughout all the 9 styles.
      The second class was Human resources, which was very beneficial to the restaurant industry for my case because we learned about unions, discrimination laws, and how to just be protected if your a boss or an employee. Very interesting class, especially if you plan on being a business owner one day, there is somethings this class could definitely teach you. I think its the same concept as legal environment, but since I didn’t take the class yet I will find out next year I guess.

Steven Kushmakov
      Caribbean Beach Resort
      Food and beverage