Reflective Journal #3

This week I am still earning my ears. I am working the PM shift this week so I would be trained in both AM and PM shifts. Its a bit different at night but very similar. My first day in the PM shift, I was working in the kicthen. I got to see how the salad and dessert got prepared. I was able to taste everything they prepared there and it was delicious. I also got the chance to prepare some which I was very excited about. Next they sent me to the hot kicthen and it was definitly hot. It was interesting to me how everything got prepared and came together on a plate, presented beautifully. I was able to try each item. The crab cakes are to die for along with the chef”s pasta creation. Everything was amazing and I am planning to dine there soon. The next day I was at the podium seating people. They were explaining to me the technique’s in assigning guest and how to get a quote for guest. Later on during the week I took my assessment and passed of course but I didnt get ears, so I was a bit dissapointed. However, I am prepared in making magical moments.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Reflective Journal #3

1. hsrtyuksel says:

It is a priviledge and great to have the opportunity to experience both AM and PM shifts. Make sure you hold on tightly as to what you are learning and experiencing. It is great that they actually had you taste all the food they offer. That way it is much easier for you to describe it to the guest. This is what I actually like about Disney. If you work at a concierge they make you ride all the rides in every park and taste all food in the certain quick service or restaurant. I believe it is better than someone telling you how it is and you explaining it to them. Also, bout not recieving your ears don’t worry in fact that should push you to do better at your job and creating magical moments.

Housekeeping
    Port Orleans Riverside

2. REMINDER:
    Tells us where you work so we can all benefit from the description of the food you tasted. We want to know the best places to eat at all times!!!

What will you need to do to earn your ears? FOH training?