Tight Sketches Sketches to Color Studies.
Reminder: Your composition can be vertical, horizontal square, round, etc.
- Assignment 2, Editorial Illustration part 4
- Using any combination of Pencil, Ink, Collage, or Digital techniques create a limited-color palate illustration.
- You will start with digital rough color studies before going to the final art. Color studies are the step before your final.
- How do you create a color palette?
You can “steal” a palette as discussed in class. Look at books, artwork, other illustrations, and photography. Come up with your own. Or look to color theory for inspiration.
- Color resources and inspiration
Adobe color wheel
Wes Anderson Color (steal from a film still)
Wes Andersen Color palette samples
DUE NEXT WEEK:
- Create 2-3 color roughs. These can be messy! You can have two versions or more started and you will work more in class on your final which will be due the following week. Post your progress in Openlab. Discuss where you got your color inspiration from or what the different palettes are inspired by.
- You must use some color. If you have a really good argument for black and white you can do one version in black and white or greyscale and another with color added.
- We will have class time next week to work and finish up your final art by the end of class or over the weekend.
Leave a Reply