The reason why I chose this article from the New York Times was because it was an incident that happened due to a protest at a museum. Using art as an example of not caring about what’s happening in the “real world.” The artist that was affected and that was used as an example in this protest was, Vincent van Gogh, who is also one of my favorite artists. I learned his artwork was very personal to him. As an artist who is also inspired by this former artist, I empathize with both the protesters and Vincent Van Gogh.
- Scan art in at 300dpi or higher in RGB. Make adjustments with levels or brightness and contrast.
2. Zoom in and see if the white of the page is pure white and not grey or yellow.
3. Change image to to greyscale. Image>mode >greyscale
4. Open Channels up.
5. Select inside the channel. And hit command.
6. Now do Select Inverse. That will select the line.
7. Now copy onto a new layer, command V.
8. Then adjust levels. Image>Adjustments>levels
9. Move all sliders to the right to increase the darkness.
10. Make sure to add a white background layer behind the line layer.
11. Change file back to CMYK or RGB before coloring.
- to change the color of the line layer you need to lock the layer and then select your color and paintbrush.
Do you currently have any pets? Did you have any during your childhood? Do you have any memories that stick out about these pets? What does your pet mean to you?
I don’t have any pets now but back home in my country I grew up with lots of animals like cats, mouse, dogs, bunnies. They weren’t personally mine, our neighbors were very close with us and those animals just wandered in our area.
We had this bengal cat with black stripes. Although cats are their own ruler and are considered “mean” “arrogant”, she was the most beautiful and nicest cat I have ever come across. She would go to different houses and we would give her milk. There are two funny and sweetest memory I have, during winter my mom took out a very warm blanket and laid it in kitchen. Next day, we saw that she had given birth to bunch of kittens. Although she had bunch of houses to go to, she chose ours and felt safe to give birth. Other one is, when I was sleeping and snuggling to my blanket, I felt someone sleeping next to me and assumed it was my little brother but when I heard a “meow” it startled me and when I checked inside blanket, it was that cat. It came and surprised me out of no where but we slept snuggling with each other.