- Work on a color study to decide on your color palette. Do 2 color roughs.
- Work on typography and lettering for the film title and director’s name.
I suggest using Illustrator or Indesign to add type. You can use a placeholder font for now and talk to me in class about a font to use.
- Bring in your color your mock-up with type roughly placed for next week.
You will have additional time to work in class so bring your files.
Remember the final poster can be traditional media or digital.
- Post to Openlab>Activities>Final Project>Film poster, Week 13
Final Poster is due by our final class on December 16.
To-Do Before Class
1 panel comic with quote
Finish editorial critique
Movie Poster samples slideshow
Group Critique and in-class work time
Due Next Week
Final Project: Part 2
Final file prep
Due December 16th
At the end of the semester, you will need to send files of your work. This will be due on December 16th. (You will not receive your grades unless you send your work.) The department asks to see student work so you will need to send the following.
- Create a folder with your name.( ex: DianaSchoenrbrun_Illustration1)
- Create three folders labeled Spots, Editorial, Movie Poster
- Save a hi res, 300 dpi file(RGB is fine), jpg or tiff of each project.
For Assignment 1 you can send all the spots on 1 page.
- Label the files with your name and project. For example:
Create a pdf of the sketchbook assignments after the midterms. See below.
label the pdf
Week 11 (scroll down)
Place this pdf inside your folder with your name.
Zip the folder Firstname_lastname_Illustration1
Send me the files via wetransfer, via drop box, or google drive.