I’m glad so many of you worked so hard on your set of WeBWorK sets on Rederly! I don’t usually check emails over the weekend, but I got a few this morning and thought I’d answer publicly since there are two important points about WeBWorK some of you may have missed on the grading policy page.

1. WeBWorK (on Rederly) is worth only 10% of your overall course grade. Naturally, you’ll want to do your best to earn the highest grade possible, but if you miss a few questions here and there, it won’t impact your overall grade at all.
  2. A student who correctly completes half of the WeBWorK questions on Rederly throughout the semester will receive full credit for their WeBWorK grade; other WeBWorK grades will be scaled accordingly. You’ll be answering around around 435 questions throughout the semester, so your WeBWorK grade will be the number of correct answers you’ve submitted out of around 217.

Three more details to remember:

1. Of the WeBWorK sets that were due last night, only one of them—Integration–Substitution—was on new material. All the other sets covered topics that appeared in your Calculus I class. In the future, your sets will cover new material only.
  2. While I usually don’t check emails over the weekend, the Ask for Help button that you can see near the upper-right of each question screen appears to be operational now. There have been some updates to the integration between Rederly and the Q&A forum so I’m not 100% sure all the technical issues have been addressed yet, but a student used it successfully over the weekend to have their question answered.
  3. Any time there is a WeBWorK question on Rederly that you struggle with, that is a perfect question to ask about in the Monday COLD session. If you use the COLD session request form (linked here, but also under the Course Activities tab in the menu above), then I’ll have a better idea of how to organize the COLD session time.

All that said, a few new students enrolled near the end of last week. In order for them to have enough time to complete the WeBWorK sets that were due last night, I’ve reopened them for everybody. The old sets—along with three new ones—are now due next Sunday night.