- Objectives and policies of the class
- File systems, Software (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Use of OpenLab, Google Drive, Dropbox and CityTech email access
Biographical Name Tags:
- Students pair up and make name tags for each other, and try to best portray classmates using expressive lettering.
- Students then introduce each other and describe what they were trying to convey with the lettering they drew.
(You can find PDFs of the presentation here: PDFs)
- History of Letterform
- How we read — Legibility vs Readability
- A quick history of typography
- Become familiar with content on the class website
- Purchase required materials
- Sign-up for OpenLab, accept invitation to class site
- Visit G600
- Take a photo of yourself with your name tag and upload it to dropbox class folder
- Choose from the list of designers for in-class presentation (see handout). Presentations will always take place on Thursdays and begin Week4.