Tuesday – 12/4/18
- Present your poster to class
- If you have not yet, save your Poster Draft 1 with your name here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YNXZv1_DcxJM0cxh9fX8z-q8fFbHfSQE
- Self-Portrait Content, save Word file here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iKMLfxRxprjvCanUTek3LNizlu5ALwOG?usp=sharing
PROJECT #3 ZINE [PRINT] – Project3-Zine-SelfPortraitOverview
- NOV 29 Introduction of Assignment / What is a zine and creation of content (your story and photograph of yourself)
- DEC 4 Text Due/Placement of 8 pages due /Expressive typography and lettering
- DEC 6 Expressive typography due / How to do a text portrait/Continue zine design
- DEC 11 Text portrait due
- DEC 13 Revisions to zine design due
- DEC 18 Printed zines due / Introduction to interactivity
- Dec 20 Revisions DUE
ASSIGNMENT OVERVIEW – If You Really Knew Me, You’ll Know That I
- We will create an 8-page booklet, including the cover.
- You will each provide content for zine.
- This booklet will be letter-sized paper, folded in half and stapled at the crease (saddle-stitch)
- It will be printed in black and white and will only have text
- Choose two typefaces only (and their families)
- We will explore expressive typography, lettering and type as portrait
PROMPT QUESTIONS – For today class, please answer each of these questions:
- Where are you from and where do you live now?
- What are your 2 favorite typefaces?
- Why design?
- Who/what inspires you?
- What makes you mad?
- What makes you happy?
- Present your poster to the class.
- Revise poster and print