Tuesday – 12/18/18
- The first draft of your Zine is due end of class today.
- Printed posters due
- Make sure your self-portrait content, is saved in a Word file here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iKMLfxRxprjvCanUTek3LNizlu5ALwOG?usp=sharing
Print Your Booklet: Once your InDesign booklet project is ready to print follow these steps:
- Open your document and go File > Print Booklet
- Under the Print Preset drop-down menu, select Default
- Choose your Booklet Type: 2-up Saddle Stitch is recommended
- Click the Print Settings button at the bottom of the window
- Check to make sure that Computer Center Printers is selected as your Printer
- Select the Setup menu (left hand column). Check your paper size and page orientation (should be US Letter landscape = 2x half letters side by side).
- Select the Marks and Bleed menu (optional) and uncheck the marks and bleeds unless you are planning to trim your printed document
- Click the Printer button at the bottom of the window.
- Click Show Details and choose from the Two-Sided drop down and choose Short-Edge binding
- Click Print to apply those setting changes (don’t worry, it won’t print yet)
- And again, click OK from the second Print window to apply setting changes (we’re still not printing yet)
- From the Print Booklet window, click Preview in the left column to check on your formatting
- Double check that the preview looks how you want your booklet to print.
- If you’re satisfied, click Print
- ________ Did you answer the question: If You Really Knew Me, You’ll Know That I…
- ________ Did experiment with Type?
- ________ Did you limit the design to only 2 Typefaces as required
- ________ Did experiment with InDesign?
- ________ Did you use of the gird?
- ________ Does the design style flow consistently page to page?
- ________ Is there a sense of narrative page to page?
- ________ Effective use of typography – are things readable and legible?
- ________ Materials and project dimensions are correct (Margins, Bleeds, Crop Marks)
- ________ Presentation is clean and professional.
- ________ Content contains no errors (grammatical/punctuation).
- ________ Are you able to name at least 2 designers who influenced your work?Project must be handed in, printed and final digital files, due 12/20/18