Tuesday – 11/27/18
- Save Poster Draft 1 with your name here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YNXZv1_DcxJM0cxh9fX8z-q8fFbHfSQE
- Select two complementary typefaces and print out samples
- Save ‘word’ document with all related copy for your poster (Header, Subhead, two paragraphs of body text, etc.) in the class google folder here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IlwH1NRX9aJUDWrhC9NKAkG7Y_VHCDVv
Project 2 – Poster Design
- See handout: Project2Overview-PosterDesign
- Please grab the NYC tourism logo from the class google.docs folder
- Please grab an example of a grid from the google.docs folder
Final Stage of Design # 3: Designing Poster (InDesign)
- Select NO MORE than two complimentary typefaces with large families (variation). The entire poster should use no more than two typefaces.
- Use type to visually communicate your ideas. Copy and pasted directly from your word document, where all you final text should already be written (see above).
- Be sure to experiment with ‘Create Outlines’ in InDesign and ‘text wrap around’ as demonstrated in class.
- Think about the principles of design:
- Hierarchy of information
- Focal Point
- Balance (Symetry vs. Asymertry)
- Foreground and Background
- Louise Filli
- Present your poster to the class.
- Revise according to in-class feedback (please take notes)