Tuesday – 09/04/18
- Bring all requested class materials to class (Tracing paper, ruler, pencils, micron pens)
- Complete the COMD1127-Exercise01 given in class on Thursday.
- Centuries of Type
- History of Type & the Development of the Written Language
- Type Styles and Categories – Five Classic Typefaces Styles
- Typefaces vs. Fonts,
- Families, Variations
- Draw select letters from the 5 main families of type by tracing.
(The letters will be provided.)
- Trace selected letters of alphabet
- Read: Prof. Clarke’s posting on ‘Latin Letterforms‘ from her 01/2014 OpenLab page
- Read: The two PDF presentations that I presented in class: In-class Presentations
- Type Journal 03 Take 20-30 pictures of type in your neighborhood Think about what typography tells you about your neighborhood. See if you can find typefaces that represent each of the 5 categories of type discussed and studied in class today.