Professor Woolley | COMD3313 OL74| FA20

Discussion 1-Angela Iacono

The writer suggests that you should always be drawing/sketching, he explains that your sketchbook isn’t meant to be perfect it is there for you to learn and grow. I have many, many sketchbooks however, out of the seven that I own only two of them are finished. I’m not really sure why I have so many incomplete sketchbooks but I don’t like the idea of going back into them and finishing them now in 2020. There has never been a direct force that has stopped me from drawing other than myself. And although the writer makes a good point about how you can draw anytime and there’s no excuses, I feel like that’s a tad dramatic. Sometimes you are simply not feeling it and other things have to come before drawing. With my sketchbook this semester I hope to have it completed with more thought out sketches and illustrations that tell a story.

The quote from Steven Reddy could mean that art is a way for you to relax and focus your mind and it doesn’t matter what the object of your drawing is as long as you have learned and completed your goal at the end.

1. Anthony D

Angela, if I may add the sketchbook can also be used as something therapeutic. Let’s say for instance you are having an awful day and you want to jot down any thoughts you might have that you probably didn’t want to say, the sketchbook is your best friend. Lets out that frustration, sadness, anger and any feeling you might have.