Reflective Photo Journal #2

This week I can go more in depth about how I feel as a trainee at Disney. Today was actually my last day of training at Disney University. I was taking training on cash handling and guest service interaction as a Front Desk Cashier. This class was very interesting. I learned a lot about the 11 steps to check -in a guest and the 5 steps to check out. I also learned about Lilo and how it operates. Lilo is the reservation system used at Disney Resorts. This was amazing and I was so excited to learn about it. I also learned that this is not as easy as it sounds. Being a front desk cashier involves so much more than that. We learned about many scenarios we may encounter and how to handle them and we were able to put it into practice at the front desk registration simulator. This place resembles an actual front desk. Our class was divided into half; some were cashiers and others were the guests. This allowed us to put into practice what we have learned during the lesson and enhanced our guest service interaction skills. I had great instructors and they helped us acquire the necessary tools and how to apply them in certain situations.

Next week, I will embark my journey and start training at my job location. I am very excited and look forward to it. I am a bit anxious since it will be my first time working as a front desk cashier but I am ready to face the challenge and conquer it. I’m ready to use all of the knowledge acquired to perform an efficient job.

During these past couple of days, I’ve had long hours during the day scheduled for training and minor breaks in between. I took this opportunity to explore the halls of the second floor at Disney University. I noticed something very interesting on the walls; portraits of all of Walt Disney’s creations as well as his employees classic illustrations. I saw all of the sketches hanging on the walls as well as the finished drawings and illustrations of all of the cartoon characters. But It was a few minutes later that I bumped into something that left me in awe. I saw the portrait of the creators of Disney; Walter And Roy Disney themselves. In between the portraits there was written the story of how it all came to be (Disney). It is amazing to learn about their story and all they did to build this amazing empire. It’s astonishing how they started with very little and turned it into an incredible corporation that is expanding around the world but has never deviated from its main purpose; To create happiness and put a smile in people’s faces regardless of their age. I feel so lucky to be working for such astounding company. I was really excited and couldn’t help but to take a picture. Some employees walked by and smiled at me when they saw how enthusiastic I was.

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals. Bookmark the permalink.