Read and React #1

Traditions at Disney was a lot different than what I had originally thought. In the beginning I speculated that it would be boring but, to my surprise, it was quite the opposite. The instructor were really welcoming towards all the college program students and some of them had even once been in our shoes. I was even more surprised that most of the instructors had been working for The Disney Company for at least ten years. Just by listening to their stories, I was inspired. In traditions class, we learned the history, heritage, the four keys, and the main goal. We learned that the main goal is that we create happiness while providing outstanding guests service.

As I was I listening and gathering this information, I learned that the Four Keys that are most important in our roles and are Safety, Courtesy, Show, and Efficiency. The four keys allow us to created unforgettable magical moments.

I was truly touched when my classmate and I got our first pairs of Mickeys ears and name tag. I felt magical and it is a honor to be a part of this company. I can not wait to create magical moments with guests.

In the article “Create Company Loyalty with New-Hire Practices”, I found interesting how The HVS Hotel really appreciated their new employee by ” We highlight new Employees in the break room with names, a portrait and a work and personal history. It helps them become bonded more quickly and develop company loyalty from the beginning.” according to Tasha Freidlein. Good customer service anywhere always start with the company taking care of their employees first and that what this article and traditions at disney made me feel. As an employee, if we feel appreciated, it shows through in our work and out service to others.

This entry was posted in Read and React 1. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Read and React #1

1. I was also surprised at how many cast members had been in the college program also and it was interesting how many roles each facilitator has had within their careers at Disney. This made me feel like there was a lot of room for growth within the company and that they are willing to work with you to gain more knowledge and experience. I definitely agree with your statement that companies that take care of their employees first builds loyalty and that it starts from the very beginning.