Journal #2

Sunday was my first day of on the job training, I was completely terrified of making mistakes. It has a bit overwhelming to know I had to work at each of the three All-Star but at the same I could never get bored because it’s a different environment and the structure is very similar. My fellow cast members have been very welcoming and supportive of me.

The very first guest I checked in was unhappy because she had been charged twice on her credit card but as soon as I gave her a refund she was happy to continue with her vacation.
I am getting better as I continue training, I enjoy working at All-Star because I get to interact with a lot of people from Latin America and since most of them don’t speak English and very few cast member speak Spanish, I am always more than happy to help them. They appreciate having someone who speaks Spanish otherwise they feel lost, it’s definitely better than having an interpreter over the phone. I can’t wait to learn more about my role and see more smiles because you have made their vacation memorable.

This entry was posted in Assignments. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Journal #2

1. Keriann says:

It’s wonderful to hear how supportive your fellow cast members have been! I know whenever I encounter a guest who has difficult speaking in English, I feel especially grateful for the Spanish-speaking cast members! It’s also awesome that you get to work at each All-Star resort. Do you find a big difference between the three?

2. I’m so thankful to have great team members, and yes it helps to have people who speak other languages. There are very small differences besides theme such as the way the lobby is laid out for instance at All-Star Movies the concierge and front desk is all on one side which can confuse some guest, whereas at All-Star Music you have two different sections. Other than that all of the structure is the same.

3. I’m so happy for you! I know exactly how you feel when it comes to knowing another language and being able to help out guest that don’t understand english. I reserved for a week in the all star- movie resort for my family in april. So i guess i’m going to be seeing you around! best of luck on your role.

4. Being multi lingual is of great benefit to you in this industry. Keep highlighting this fact and pair it with compassionate customer service and you will find success no matter which lobby you are in.

5. Speaking other languages is very useful. I am happy to hear that you will be staying at All-Star Jennifer, let me know when in April and I will be more than happy to make your stay wonderful!

6. Andrea Chan says:

I can understand how you feel! I had the same reaction when I was training too. Everything was new to me and I felt like I was being overloaded with information. I was so worried that I would forget how to do something. But you do the same types of transactions everyday ergo it becomes like second nature. Even if you do get stumped on something, your cast member teammates are always right beside you! Which resort is your favorite?