Journal Entry 9

Business is surely picking up as the holiday gets closer. I love it!  It makes the day go so much faster than when there is no one renting boats. Nothing new has really happened at work.

School has been interesting though! In my experiential learning class we played a strategy game. It was a little confusing and difficult at first glance, but it ended up being a lot of fun and my group was very competitive, which I enjoyed because I am the same way when it comes to competition. But we ended up winning scoring the most amount of money value at the end of the game, so we are suppose to get a reward. Winning was all I really wanted though!

This entry was posted in Reflective Photo Journals, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Journal Entry 9

1. What was the objective of the game? Can you provide greater detail of the activity? Would you use the activity in the future when you are in a position of leadership? Why or why not?

2. Did you play that CAMEL strategy game? I played it too. I was honestly surprised how interesting it became as the game continued. At first it sounded horrible and boring.

Professor Goodlad. The objective of the game was to work as a team to survive a longing desert trip. You had to trade food and water cards with the bank in order to survive sand storms and the extreme desert heat. The game taught us how to work together as a group to a common goal. On an individual level it also helped us discover what learning style we had and how it effected our group ethic and overall survival/ success.

3. Thank You for explaining it Matthew!!

Yes it was so much fun! i didn’t like it at first either but than after i completely understood it i got very competitive!