For this week’s sketchbook assignment, I chose to listen to the Creative Pep Talk Podcast hosted by Andy J. Pizza. I listened to Episode 261 titled “Artists with Super Fandoms Have This Surprise Thing in Common” which went into how some of the greatest artists build their audience and what techniques you can apply to your own work in order to create great works of art and build a loyal audience and super fandom of your own. In the epsiode, Andy goes into a lot of detail about how your artwork is a mirror that reflects the souls of your audience back at them. He explains that as an artist, your work is meant to relate not just to you but to everyone around you. He explains that you should include things like your personal philosophy, your interests, your identity and your values into your artwork to make it unique and have an audience that comes back to see what you make. For these illustrations, I drew some phrases he spoke such as “soul tattoo” and “mirror into the soul”. I also drew a baker making a “Great Artist Pie” because he mentioned a lot of times about how a great artist bakes things like their values, identity and guilty pleasures into their own work. I thought a baker making a pie was a nice visual metaphor to illustrate something like that.