2/18/2022 12:27 PM

For this week’s sketchbook assignment, I chose to take reference photos of myself and create sketches that told a story. For the first, I took a photo of me holding a crystal and looking down at it. For the sketch, I took some liberties and used the pose to tell the story of a humanoid alien coming across a mysterious object from “another plane of existence”. For the second photo, I wanted to tell a more dramatic story with the piece and so I posed as if I were injured and lying against a wall. For the second sketchbook piece, I chose to draw a woman as she is lying against a wall, clutching a chest wound and holding a pistol in her left hand. I made her expression visibly distressed and I chose to add claw marks on the floor and writing on the wall to infer that she is being chased by some beast. For the third photo, I made a photocollage. I first took a photo of an art project I did a few semesters ago where I was asked to make and paint cubes with different letterforms on them. For the photo, I posed in a way that made it seem almost fantastical. I wanted it to look like a wizard controlling energy in the palm of his hands. I ended up photo-collaging these elements together and for the third sketch, I made a piece of an old male “techno wizard” successfully controlling floating cubes.