A Peek Into My Life

Hello everyone. There’s not genuinely much I can say about myself, so I guess I’ll just start with the basics. My name is Imran and I was born and raised in Queens. Food is my best friend, and it never disappoints me. To pass time, I usually end up listening to music, watching movies, and I’m an enthusiast of numerous TV shows. I honestly don’t know how I find enough time in a week to watch all the shows that I’m addicted to. These activities are ways for me to de-stress.

I’m a computer engineer technology student in my 3rd year here at City Tech. While I was in my sophomore year in high school, I was studying a list of college majors. I practically lived on a computer at the time, so I considered choosing a major that was computer related. Computer science caught my attention at first, so I looked into it. After I realized it involved a lot of programming, coding, etc. I assumed that this would’ve been challenging for me to do. Another major which interested me was computer engineering. I apprehended that computer engineering dealt with computer science, but not to a full extent. It deals also with hardware. I thought that this was the perfect major for me, and here I am pursuing my goal to be a computer engineer! I would like to work in an organization dealing with computer hardware, where I would have to actually build or fix computers.

One random interesting thing about me is that I love to travel. I certainly enjoy visiting new places, experiencing various environments other than New York. Don’t take this the wrong way.  Although I love New York, and I’ll always be a New Yorker at heart, but this world is full of fascinating places. I guess you could say it’s a dream of mine to travel the world, perhaps around the world in 80 days? Possibly in the future, if I have an advantageous job and adequate vacation time.