Self Introductory

My name is Christina Ming. I am a nursing student at New York City College of Technology in Brooklyn, NY. My husband Richard also graduated as associate degree in Telecommunication from NYCCT in 1995. The NYCCT is good place to attend the nursing course in New York City. I feel very comfortable to attend the classes at NYCCT because the professors and students are very friendly and very understandable to each others. It is a multicultural place to study and meet various ethnic in one place. I was born and raised in Myanmar which is a country close to Thailand. English is my second language and it takes a long trip for me to be able to read and write English, but I am trying my best to learn and study my courses to graduate my degree.

When I was in my native country Myanmar, I used to assist and volunteer at my uncle’s clinic on my free time. At that time, I was very interesting in healthcare related field. But my dream and opportunity never come true to attend the college because of financial and other situations have prevented me. Now I have the opportunity to learn and study what I was interested in. Thanks to the American education system which gives individual to choice what they are interesting in college. I have fulfilled my dream to become a nurse in the healthcare field.

I worked as full time nurse at one of the Brooklyn hospital, NY and attending as part time student to complete my Bachelor degree In Nursing. I understand it is not an easy task but I am satisfied with what I want to do and to accomplish my ambitious. I always like to care people when they are ill or physically or mentally disable and help them to be able to function themselves and I enjoy learning from them that I don’t know.