New journey,Better mentality

There are countless roads and paths to take to get to our destination, what matters when you get to point A to point B is the journey to get there. Alot of people are always pre-occupied and focused on the final point that they forget to enjoy what is right in front of them and miss the beauty of the out side world away from their perspective. the spirit around them, the experience to get to the final destination is the important thing that passes by everyone. I use to take the same route to city tech by rushing and try to get to my class as fast as possible because i was trying to control time by rushing passed me time would always be one step ahead of me, and controlling me instead. At the time i was in a very bad mental state because i would continuously become overwhelmed on how much it took to get from one point to the next instead of enjoy it.

that is when I was determined and understood the point of this project, it changed my mentality for the better, how I take a more fulfilling path every time i walk to my classes. The course I took would always be me running to the subway beside construction, pass the court and always worrying  that i am going to be late because I am in that mentality it usually ends up being true. my new route started with me not checking the time every 5 seconds and decided to let go and enjoy myself and the walk and once i finally reached jay street metro-tech subway station i decided to just wander at any direction and enjoy the view for what i have in front of me. If i don’t enjoy the journey there is no point of doing it and it has to come from personal experience. I was listening to my favorite music genre vaporwave that always seemed to calm me down while I felt overwelmed. during my walks I also decided to hear and enjoy every note of a song I did not know was there before  and that is because ive always been too pre-occupied with the journey. I walked through cadman plaza park passed city tech, checked if i still had time for class and I realized it was still early. I was pleasantly surprised that i had more time to enjoy and saw that everything is here for a reason and that is the beauty of the walk, nothing is going to get you and you’ll be able to take a breather and follow natures lead, you have to pace yourself if you wanted to get to your destination. the trees where right for the season, the space was open and free, the sound of the wind blowing and knowing where i am was breath taking. i walked around the park back to city tech and made it to my class, in a better mood, on time and had more energy then i did before. It improved my mentality in ways that i didn’t believe was possible. It was a good refresher and exactly what i needed.

I have found 2 outside sources that show that sometimes a good walk out of a line out of work give you a better perspective of the world and how it helps to let go of that object that you are always fixated on trying to get to. one is labeled “How Walking in Nature Changes the Brain”  By Gretchen Reynolds and in this article it explains how walks can help with anxiety, Depression and other mental illnesses because we spend too much indoors then outdoors, and how it can almost feel like a cage, to let go and go out is the beauty of having these wandering walks.  it can help make people find there way again, and figure out why they are doing what they are doing, its good thinking time when you take the walks according to Mr.Bratman “ we strongly suggest that getting out into natural environments could be an easy and almost immediate way to improve moods for city dwellers” in the article. So knowing that the other article explains all that we need to improve our lives very easily because of the time we spent wandering wherever we please.

Walking meditation By 

Everyone is always chasing after something, many people don’t understand what they are looking for is right in there face, but that’s the way its suppose to be, no one ever knows what the next moment is, that’s what is so captivating about nature because things are suppose to be that way for a reason. people just have to take they’re time to figure out what they are chasing,what i figured out what im chasing is love.

sources: well.blogs.nytimes.com

www.magneticmemorymethod.com