Please read “I’m Not Black, I’m Kanye” Ta-Nehisi Coates and write a response to the questions below. I prefer it if you respond to this post directly, but if you choose you may create a new post.
DUE March, 16th
- What did you think of the piece? Be honest! Did you find any parts interesting? Did you learn something new?
- Who do you think is the intended audience of the piece? Who is meant to read this text?
- What do you think is the purpose of this text? Why do you think the author wrote it?
- Can you figure out the specific genre of article of this piece (opinion, scientific, feature, news, etc)?
- What did you notice about how the author wrote this piece? Maybe the tone (formal, informal, humorous, casual, etc), or the use of ethos (statistics and facts) or the use of pathos (emotion) or the use of logos (logic)?
- What stands out to you– what do you like/ dislike about this writer’s style? What are you confused by? What do you want to know more about? Pay special attention to how this author uses research (outside facts, statistics, history, news, interviews) etc in their writing.
- What did you learn from reading this article? How did this author use research? How do they use personal experience?
Then, write a response to another classmate’s post!